DEMA is a multi-disciplined real property services team specializing in current and historic valuations of agricultural land and its economic returns. We are currently seeking an accredited agrologist to join our team of appraisers and agrologists undertaking valuation work across Western Canada.
The Professional Agrologist’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Valuations, including loss of use studies for historic claims;
- Corridor and right of way valuations and damage assessments impacting arable lands;
- Property inspections and preparing detailed, written reports on value; and
- Providing estimates on damages based on Federal and/or Provincial expropriation legislation.
Required education/skills/attributes include:
- Professional Agrologist – Applicants must be registered or need to become registered with the Manitoba Institute of Agrologists as defined by The Agrologists Act
- Post-secondary degree in a related field;
- General understanding of urban fringe and agricultural lands and associated factors in determining value;
- Team orientated attitude;
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills;
- Proficient researching skills;
- The ability to problem-solve by thinking analytically and applying logic;
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated professional maturity and diplomacy; and
- Interest in obtaining valuation accreditation with our support.
- Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) member in good standing with an AACI designation
- Additional professional designations (e.g., professional appraiser, forester, agricultural economist or related fields);
- Ability to writing narrative reports for litigation/tribunal purposes;
- Candidate AIC members with commensurate experience may be considered.
This position requires travel for property inspection, primarily across Western Canada, as required. Applicants must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a Driver’s Abstract that will meet our insurance requirements.
Our head office is located in St. Albert, Alberta. We are capable and open to supporting a home office environment for the right candidate with the ability to supply their own high speed internet connectivity.
Send your cover letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
For more information on DEMA Land Services, please visit our website at www.demaland.ca