Manitoba Horticulture Productivity Enhancement Centre
Location: Carberry Manitoba, Canada
Position Type: Full-Time
About Us: MHPEC is a non-profit corporation made up of three members: Keystone Potato Producers Association, Simplot Canada (II) Limited, and McCain Foods (Canada) Limited. MHPEC’s mission is to improve Manitoba’s processing potato sector using a united industry approach. This is accomplished through coordinating, initiating, and facilitating regionally based applied potato research and extension with the goal of improving the industry’s competitiveness, profitability, and sustainability. We are seeking a highly motivated and adaptable Applied Research Agronomist to join our team and play a crucial role in bridging the gap between academic research and its practical adaptation.
Job Summary: As an Applied Research Agronomist at MHPEC, you will work collaboratively with researchers, producers, and industry partners. You will be responsible for coordinating research activities across the broader potato industry and assist in translating research findings into actionable solutions that will enhance productivity and lead to the successful implementation of new practices.
Key Responsibilities and Skills Required:
- Research & Collaboration: Conduct research on priorities identified in the Manitoba Potato Science and Innovation Strategy. Collaborate with cross-functional teams as a member of the Manitoba Potato Research Committee, including researchers, extension specialists, and industry professionals.
- Communication: Effectively articulate research findings in a relatable manner through written reports, presentations, and public speaking engagements.
- Leadership: Provide leadership and guidance to field technicians and research assistants involved in research projects.
- Education and Training: Implement diagnostic workshops, demonstrations, and training events for producers and industry partners.
- Experimental Design and Data Analysis: Design, plan and execute field experiments followed by statistical analysis of data to extract meaningful insights to develop actionable recommendations.
- Adaptability: Stay up to date with the latest advancements in agronomy and adapt research strategies accordingly.
- Budget Management: Aide in creating, maintaining, and managing budgets.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, MSc in an agriculture related discipline
- Knowledge of potato production practices
- Professional Agrologist designation or willingness to obtain.
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Certified Crop Advisor accreditation an asset
How to Apply: If you are passionate about advancing the processing potato sector and possess the skills and qualifications outlined above, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant documents to Susan@keystoneppa.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.