- Meet the education standard
- Do not have Canadian agrology-related experience
Will be directed to participate in the Competency Development Program.
Competency Development Program [self-directed]
1. Identify areas where competency development* may be required.
– Canadian crop production
– Canadian animal production systems
– Communication in business
*Due to the unique education/work experience/areas of practice for each applicant, areas of competency development must be self-identified.
2. Complete and submit Competency Development Plan.
Detail proposed steps to become competent in areas identified. This may include (but is not limited to):
- University/College Courses (in-person or online)
- University of Manitoba
- University of Saskatchewan
- Olds College – Agronomy Certificate Program
- Industry Programs
- Certified Crop Advisory-CCA
- Crop Science Consultant-CCSC
- Industry Seminars
- Crop Diagnostic School (by Manitoba Agriculture)