Policy and Procedure
Non-resident applicants are those who apply for registration and are not living in Canada.
Agrologists Manitoba may perform an initial academic assessment for non-resident applicants and then hold the application until they arrive in Manitoba and can fulfill remaining registration requirements.
This service is aimed at streamlining the application process. It offers non-resident applicants the opportunity to gather and submit academic credentials for World Education Services Course-by-Course assessment prior to arrival in Manitoba.
Non-Resident Application Process
1. Applicant: Submit Complete Application
- Submit online application (including application fee – $125)
- Initiate World Education Services Course-by-Course Assessment (indicate Agrologists Manitoba as 3rd party recipient)
- Email: email@example.com if one of the immigration conditions listed below applies
2. Agrologists Manitoba: Assess Academic Credentials Compared to the Education Standard
3. Agrologists Manitoba: inform applicant by email if their academic credentials
a) Meet the education standard [application will be held pending arrival in Manitoba]
*Upon arrival in Manitoba, applicant will be placed in Competency Development Program*
b) Do not meet the education standard [application file will be closed]
According to the Manitoba Fairness Commissioner, regulators who must limit their assessments of non-resident applicants should prioritize assessments of:
- Applicants who have been accepted by the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program;
- Applicants who have been issued Canadian immigration visa; and,
- Applicants who have been given a letter of interest from a Manitoba employer.