The transfer process and dual/multiple registration complies with the spirit and requirements of labour mobility provisions of Chapter 7 of the Canada Free Trade Agreement (CFTA).
Labour Mobility provisions of the CFTA state that certified workers have to be recognized as qualified to work by a regulatory body in another province or territory which regulates that occupation, without having to go through significant additional training, work experience, examination or assessment, unless an exception has been posted. Regulatory bodies are allowed to impose non-material additional requirements on a worker certified in another province or territory once the individual becomes registered.
TRANSFER-IN, DUAL/MULTIPLE REGISTRATION PROCESS
- 1. Request originating provincial institute to send transfer documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer documents include:
- registration profile (indicates date(s) of registration with originating institute)
- copy of transcript(s)
- record of good standing
- professional development report
- 2. Create an online profile account (fill self-disclosure form and complete education and employment information).
- 3. Upon receipt of approval email, carefully review permit fee and practice information (invoice to be sent in a separate email and can be paid online).
- Transfer-in: $75 Fee
- Dual/Multiple Registration: Pro-rated Permit Fee