Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (Triton)
Regina and Saskatoon
Are you looking for a new opportunity to build a meaningful career in the environmental field? Do you want to work with a dynamic team of professionals striving to make a difference in all they do? Do you want to participate in Western Canada’s most exciting development projects? Do you want to do what you love in some of the most beautiful parts of the country? If so, look no further.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (Triton) is seeking dynamic, enthusiastic individuals located in the Regina and Saskatoon areas to join our well-established team of environmental professionals in the position of Biologist/Environmental Technician.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with over 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We promote a safety conscious, people-first culture.
Triton is known for applying technical expertise and pragmatism to the challenges our clients task us with. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in biology, ecology, and environmental monitoring/inspection. We apply this wide range of expertise in providing practical environmental solutions to our broad base of clients.
Triton is growing and looking for the next generation of professionals to bolster our team. Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. Some of the primary benefits of working at Triton, aside from career growth and abundant opportunity include:
- highly competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package
- annual performance bonus program for senior staff
- premium overtime (time and a half) that you may choose to bank or pay out
- an employee referral bonus program
- coverage of annual dues for professional designation
- coverage of fees for approved professional development opportunities
- coverage of safety training costs
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading wildlife and/or water quality and fisheries work scopes. Responsibilities may include:
- Water quality monitoring and fish salvage in an active construction setting
- Conducting fish and fish habitat assessments
- Conducting wildlife survey and monitoring procedures including breeding bird and herptile survey, pre-disturbance nest surveys, nest monitoring, various sensitive species-specific surveys, construction mitigation for wildlife, and herptile capture and relocation.
- Safety leadership
- Collaborative liaison with peers, on-site client representatives, and construction contractors
- Positive representation of Tritons collaborative, safety conscious culture
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma or degree in biology, environmental science, or a similar related field
- This position requires registration with the Agrologists Institute in Saskatchewan
- Fish and/or wildlife handling and identification skills
- Experience leading fish and water quality monitoring crews during pipeline construction
- Experience conducting a broad variety of pre-construction and construction wildlife scopes
- Species at Risk experience an asset
- Operation and maintenance of field equipment including data tablets
- Ability to work in physically demanding remote field settings for extended durations, staying in a mix of camp and/or hotel accommodations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Electrofishing, Swift Water Rescue Technician and Ice Rescue Technician certification are an asset.
- Experience and training in safe boat operation is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter via the link below;
You can also send your application to email@example.com
Closing Date: July 15, 2021
Competition Reference: BET-0621
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.