Brandon, Manitoba (3-year term position)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader in Canadian habitat conservation, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated professional to join our team in Manitoba.
As a Conservation Programs Specialist, you will be responsible for the planning, development, delivery and negotiation of the forage program; a habitat initiative that benefits waterfowl and other wildlife.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player and passionate about the outdoors – a self-starter who can work with anyone, is capable of working alone in rural settings under minimal supervision and recognizes the importance of environmental stewardship within agricultural production systems.
Your communication and negotiation skills enable you to deal effectively with primary producers, both in the field and at the kitchen table.
You are independent, resourceful and possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills and can also manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
You are a persuasive, goal-oriented individual. Your personal and professional experience and directly related knowledge make you the ideal candidate for this position.
- A post-secondary degree in Agriculture or related discipline; must be eligible for a P. Ag and/or Certified crop advisor designation
- Knowledge of working farms and practices; specifically forage/grazing production systems.
- Knowledge of waterfowl and other animal and plant biology
- Knowledge of sustainable resource management would be considered an asset.
- Experience in planning and project management.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong computer and analytical skills – ArcMap an asset
- Previous sales or cold-calling experience would be an asset
- Experience with various outdoor equipment including GPS and ATV’s.
- Familiarity with the non-profit and/or environmental conservation sectors would also be considered an asset
- The successful candidate will also have an affinity for prairie landscapes, conservation and wildlife.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: April 9, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.