MNP (Brandon, Manitoba)
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Consultant for our growing Farm Management Consulting team. Driving operational excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Committed to the agriculture industry, our recognized Farm Management Consulting team works with operations of all sizes, providing timely strategies tailored to maximize efficiencies, enhance performance and increase profitability.
ROLE @ MNP
- Assist in the delivery of consulting services to MNP’s agriculture clients, agribusiness clients and other industry bodies such as commodity associations and government in the areas of finance, marketing, and production management
- Analyze client business information, developing financial and production projections for clients, and the preparing of business plans for major changes and new farm ventures
- Execute Farm Management Consulting services for agriculture clients including short and long-range planning, business analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Responsible for collecting and analysing data on factors affecting production, advising farmers and farm managers on techniques for improving the production of crops and livestock, and alternative agricultural options, and advising farmers on issues such as livestock and crop disease control of pests and weeds, soil improvement, animal husbandry and feeding programs
- Research and stay current on environmental factors affecting commercial crop production, pasture growth and animal breeding
- Investigate, plan and implement management procedures to cope with the effects of fires, floods, droughts, soil erosion, insect pests and diseases
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Facilitate collaboration with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly
- Promote MNP advisory services through the delivery of presentations, writing articles, facilitating workshops or participating in community activities
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development
- Assist in conducting formal, written annual performance reviews
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your farm management consulting knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Possess a post-secondary degree in agriculture, business, or another related field; other relevant advanced post-secondary training and experience is preferred
- Completion of the Professional Agrologist (P.Ag) designation or eligibility for articling to obtain the designation
- 2 to 4 years work experience, ideally in a consulting, professional services, or agriculture-service environment
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel will be required
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!
View MNP Career