Labour Mobility/Inter-provincial Transfer and Multi-Province Registration

Transfer or Multi-Province Registration

Agrology professionals may either be wanting to practice in another province at the same time as they are practicing in their current jurisdiction [Multi-Province Registration], or, transfer their registration and practice permit to another province [Transfer].

Legislation and inter-governmental agreements assists agrology regulators to make it easier for highly skilled agrologists to easily and quickly work in Manitoba through a consistent approach to recognizing out-of-province credentials.

Labour Mobility

Agrologists Manitoba adheres to mobility obligations in the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA) and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement (NWPTA). These agreements ensure full mobility for agrologists and other certified workers in regulated occupations. Chapter 7 (Labour Mobility) of the CFTA and Labour Mobility (Article 13) of the NWPTA are similar, allowing registered agrologists* in another Canadian province to have their qualifications recognized by Agrologists Manitoba without undertaking significant additional requirements, such as education, training, or examination.  

  • Mobility serves the needs of the public by:
    • Assisting employers with barrier-free allocation of Agrology professional resources.
    • Allowing Agrology professionals to expand or move their practice with little additional paperwork.
    • Ensuring that customers and clients have easy access to qualified Agrology professionals
  • Mobility applicants must be full-status agrology professionals in good standing with a provincial regulator (In-training or articling agrologists are not eligible for mobility provisions until they obtain a full status designation.)

Labour Mobility Provisions apply to full-status agrology professionals [P.Ag. and Tech.Ag.]

Professional Agrologists [P.Ag./agronome]: entitled to labour mobility in all Canadian provinces

Technical Agrologists [Tech.Ag./RTAg]: entitled to labour mobility in Canadian provinces with confirmed Technical Agrologist registration category [currently: Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan]

Agrologist-In-Training [Provisional Licensure]: labour mobility entitlements do not apply until registrant is fully licensed as a Professional Agrologist or Technical Agrologist

Read information about Transfer to/from Manitoba.