Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers Association (MWBGA) is seeking a full-time Agronomy Extension Specialist.
The Agronomy Extension Specialist, under the supervision of the General Manager and working closely with the Research Manager and Communications Coordinator, will be responsible for the development, coordination and extension of agronomic information and research results to MWBGA members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison, building strong, collaborative relationships with farmers, researchers, government, industry, fellow commodity organizations and other stakeholders;
- Participate in MWBGA events such as Manitoba Ag Days, Crops-a-Palooza, CropConnect, regional meetings and various other events as required;
- Identify and pursue outreach opportunities that deliver value to our farmers and promote spring wheat and barley research and production information;
- Work with Communications Coordinator to contribute regular agronomic content and interpret research results for inclusion in MWBGA publications and newsletters;
- Work with Communications Coordinator to develop resource materials (factsheets, guides) to share research and strategic production information;
- Assist Research Manager with the review of proposals, as well as ongoing and completed agronomy projects;
- Support creation and execution of agronomic extension campaigns with our partner’s agronomy staff to develop coordinated messaging where appropriate;
- Represent MWBGA on external, industry working groups, committees and boards as required;
- Stay appraised of current agronomic science;
- Other activities as requested by the General Manager.
- BSc in Agriculture, MSc an asset;
- Strong understanding and familiarity with Canadian agriculture and agronomy practices, knowledge about wheat and/or barley considered an asset;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral;
- Interest and enthusiasm to network within the agriculture industry;
- Self-starter, highly motivated;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize;
- A positive and team-oriented attitude;
- Valid drivers’ license;
- Ability to travel periodically;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit and Board of Directors considered an asset;
- P.Ag. qualification or eligible and working towards obtaining P.Ag. qualification.
About Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers Association
Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers Association (MWBGA) is a non-profit organization that was established in 2013. MWBGA represents over 7,000 farmer-members who share the common goal of growing the potential of wheat and barley as profitable and sustainable production choices for Manitoba growers through leadership and strategic investments in research, market development and communications.
For more information about MWBGA, please visit www.mbwheatandbarley.ca.
Applications can be emailed directly to Pam de Rocquigny, MWBGA’s general manager, at: email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is November 8, 2019.
Posted: October 22, 2019