As a global leader in student-managed learning opportunities, we are committed to developing leaders at Lakeland College. It’s something we excel at because of our exceptional team. Their passion and commitment to academic excellence, innovation and achievement is what sets Lakeland apart, as an educator and an employer. Join our team and be part of helping our students take the lead not only into the future, but today.
- Development and delivery of courses for a new Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Agriculture Technology; curriculum includes topics around emerging technologies in the livestock industry such as robotics and artificial intelligence, GIS & GPS in livestock systems, sensor technology, drones, data collection and digital mapping, blockchain technologies, and topics such as biosecurity and traceability, biotechnology and genomics and the economics of technology
- Coordinate and implement experiential learning and industry related work experiences including an industry practicum and student capstone presentation
- Engage internal and external stakeholders in the development and delivery of academic
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the animal science and technology industries
- A portion of the workload will include applied research, demonstrations and extension
- A Post‐secondary degree in agriculture, agriculture technology or a related field, with an animal science background (Master’s degree preferred)
- Experience and understanding of livestock production and management and related technologies, preferably beef, dairy and/or sheep, and related technologies
- Experience in developing and delivering innovative course content and personal experience in relation to animal science and technology
- Eligibility for registration with AIA is required
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively with refined presentation and facilitation skills
This is a Continuing Full‐time Faculty appointment commencing in February 2020 on the Vermilion Campus. Lakeland College offers an attractive pension, remuneration and benefit package.
Competition will remain open until January 17, 2020. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca. A combination of education and experience may be considered. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: December 29, 2019