As a global leader in student-managed learning opportunities, we are committed to developing leaders at Lakeland College. It’s something we excel at because of our exceptional team. Their passion and commitment to academic excellence, innovation and achievement is what sets Lakeland apart, as an educator and an employer. Join our team and be part of helping our students take the lead not only into the future, but today.
- Development and delivery of courses for a new Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Agriculture Technology; curriculum includes topics such as precision agriculture, smart agriculture as a management system, emerging technologies, advanced agronomy, GIS and remote sensing for agriculture, machine management and electronic systems, the economics of precision/smart agriculture
- Coordinate and implement experiential learning and industry related work experiences including an industry practicum and student capstone presentation
- Engage internal and external stakeholders in the development and delivery of academic programming
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the agriculture crops and technology industries and the Crop Technology Program at Lakeland
- A portion of the workload will include applied research, demonstrations and extension
- Post-secondary degree in agriculture, agriculture technology or a related field (crops focus)
- Experience and understanding of precision farming, new emerging technologies, and applying them to current agriculture production and management systems
- Industry or farm experience in relation to crops and technology
- Eligibility to register with the Agrologists Institute of Alberta
- Ability to communicate effectively with refined presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience in developing and delivering innovative course content would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This is a Continuing Full-time Faculty appointment commencing in February 2020 on the Vermilion Campus. Lakeland College offers an attractive pension, remuneration and benefit package.
Competition will remain open until January 17, 2020. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca
A combination of education and experience may be considered. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: December 29, 2019