HyLife Ltd is a progressive Manitoba based company. HyLife and its affiliates have feed and pork operations and genetics sales in various countries around the world. This position is based in the vibrant community of La Broquerie, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated person to fill the position of Nutrient Management Coordinator.
The Nutrient Management Coordinators primary role is managing the manure nutrient application program. As the Nutrient Management Coordinator, you will build relationships and communicate with our land owner partners, contractors and Local/Provincial Governments. Experience is an asset but not required.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Coordinating activities associated with Manure Management Plans
- Ensure all activities meet or exceed all regulatory requirements
- Coordinate soil sampling and manure application activities with landowners and contractors
- Manage soil and land databases (ArcGIS)
- Provide technical support for environmental stewardship and regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with regulatory agencies
- Special projects and duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Strong communication and relational skills
- Ability to communicate with farmers, land owners and Custom Applicators
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or equivalent education or experience
- Background in soil/agronomy
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of Microsoft office suite and ArcGIS would be considered an asset
- Agricultural background would be considered an asset
- Eligibility for membership in the Manitoba Institute of Agrologists or CCA accreditation would be considered an asset
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at www.hylife.com/current-opportunities
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Posted: June 28, 2019