At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies with more than 2,500 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Richardson Pioneer, a division of Richardson International, is Canada’s leading agribusiness. Richardson Pioneer supports Canadian farmers throughout the growing season – providing agronomic services and advice, selling crop inputs, buying their crops at harvest and selling them to markets around the world through the most efficient network of high throughput Ag Business Centres in Western Canada.
Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have an opportunity for a Provincial Agronomist at our Richardson Pioneer Divisional office located in Richardson, SK. Reporting to the Agronomy Manager, the Provincial Agronomist will lead the execution of Richardson’s agronomic strategy, including the adoption of technology, system personnel training and employee development initiatives within their respective jurisdictions.
- Provide regular agronomic updates to staff
- Provide support in the planning and execution of company training events
- Act as key liaison to professional organizations within jurisdiction
- Develop and execute the communication plan for staff for all agronomic resource materials
- Facilitate and implement agronomic initiatives
- Assist in the development of training to educate staff on new crops, product segments, etc.
- Provide crop/trial planning support to Farm Managers
- Explore new opportunities for additional services to be added to the agronomic service portfolio
- A post-secondary education in Agriculture, AgBusiness or a related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Canadian agricultural industry
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Professional Agrologist and Certified Crop Advisor designation
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with management and employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to travel across Canada
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should click the Apply icon to apply online by January 25, 2019.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Posted: January 14, 2019