Federated Co-operatives Limited
During these challenging times, Federated Co-operatives Limited is working to serve our local co-ops, customers, and communities. We are committed to supporting our local co-ops and the communities they serve. Working together to provide essential services to communities across Western Canada, we are hiring a Grow Team Advisor on a permanent basis in Alberta.
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. To learn more about who we are, visit www.fcl.crs.
What you’ll do:
A Grow Team Advisor (GTA) is an industry-leading technical agronomy expert who strengthens the CRS’s business growth in crop protection, seed, ag technology, and fertilizer products and services. They are integral in continuing to drive industry perception of the CRS as a trusted advisor, backed by a team of knowledgeable Grow Team agronomists who understand our grower customer’s farm. Approximate travel time: 80%.
- Identify regional agronomic training needs and then develop and deliver regional agronomic training through a variety of mechanisms, such as in-field, classroom, one-on-one, or written material. Communicate training initiatives with broader GTA team and Manager of Agronomic Market Development, ensuring efficiency, alignment and sharing of best practices.
- Provide technical advice to retail Grow Team agronomists, either through one-on-one or regional sessions, on proper crop, herbicide, and nutrition planning and management, field scouting, harvest management, and record keeping. Extend this coaching to the confident adoption of digital ag platforms.
- Organize and lead regional agronomic training days, including spring scouting, summer agronomy tours, and in-field training of retail summer students. Communicate training plans to Crop Supplies/Fertilizer and GTA teams.
- Develop annual training plans for retails and FCL commodities considering the needs of the business line managers and local Co-ops. Work with Key Account Managers (KAMs) within the Co-op business plan on locally identified training needs.
- With the intent of being a Technical expert among Grow Team, build working relationships with Grow Team agronomists. Field technical agronomic questions from Grow Team. Provide technical advice and sales guidance on farm calls and grower meetings, as planned, and directed by retail Agro Manager, agronomists, and KAM.
- Influence the strategic sale of seed, crop protection, and crop nutrition products, as guided by the Crop Supplies and Fertilizer teams through sales and agronomy coaching, technical training, and implementation of a field trial program.
- Working collaboratively with the KAM’s Agro managers, and Grow Team agronomists, identify key growers within the region with whom the GTA can work with the local agronomist to create value for the local CRS.
- Coach Grow Team agronomists on effective use and full adoption of CRS supported digital Ag platforms, for crop planning, scouting, and field record keeping.
- Under guidance from the Manager of Agronomic Market Development, evaluate and provide advice on CRS market potential for new ag technology, such as NDVI, prescription maps, and growth models and use of drones for crop monitoring.
- Assess the regional Grow Team’s knowledge in sustainable agriculture practises and promote 4R Nutrient Stewardship. Identify opportunities to promote Grown with Purpose to the CRS by focusing retails on the benefits of 4R to the growers.
- Coach Grow Team on the benefits of adoption of the digital ag (soil testing, field-specific nutrient application, VRT) and the benefits of using the platform (record keeping, scouting software and apps), as a part of on-farm stewardship. Promote precision and digital ag with grower customers on farm calls, grower meetings, field tours, or (with the assistance of the marketing team), through marketing and communication tools.
Private Brand strategy support
- Responsible for planning and executing field trials to promote private and exclusive brand products.
- Advise retail agronomists on the technical aspects of private and exclusive brand products and when to recommend them.
- Train retail agronomists on Product Performance Inquiry process. While retail agronomists are the first line of contact, the GTA will act as a technical resource in product performance inquiries when needed (and will be an important part of the team 20% who decides on monetary settlement where required).
- Maintain records that support any monetary settlement and ensure all paperwork is completed.
Why it matters:
Our Agro team helps to feed and grow Western Canadian communities by sourcing and distributing products and services to local Co-ops in the feed, crop supplies and fertilizer business.
Who you are:
- You are looking for a career in Human Resources & Training and:
- You have a bachelor’s degree of Science in Agriculture. A Master of Science degree is preferred.
- You have a minimum of 6 years of relevant progressively responsible experience, with a preference for experience in agriculture (out of which 5 years in field Agronomy experience). A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- You are a Professional Agrologist/Technical Agrologist and either have or willing to obtain Certified Crop Advisor and 4R certifications. This position requires registration with the Agrologists Institute in Alberta.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole self to work.
We take the health and well-being of our team members and customers very seriously. We continue to take steps across all areas of our business and locations to keep our team members and customers safe and healthy.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by August 6, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you require support to apply for this opportunity please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note you may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies. FCLHP