Regular/Full-Time | Manitoba Agriculture | Primary Agriculture, Agriculture Production and Resilience | Carman, Manitoba | Advertisement Number: 41624 | Salary Range: $76,466.00 – $97,044.00 per year | Closing Date: October 15, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for future regular or term position, and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Department of Agriculture is looking to fill the Oilseeds Specialist (G4) position, located in Carman, Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be registered with of or eligible to be registered with the Manitoba Institute of Agrologists at the Professional Agrologist level (P. Ag).
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal records check.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with an emphasis in crop agronomy or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the field of crop agronomy specifically pertaining to oilseeds.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture or a related discipline.
The Oilseeds Specialist is a provincial specialist position responsible for providing leadership to enhance the development, productivity and profitability of the oilseeds industry. They provide advice to the department, industry, department staff, and primary producers in the areas of expansion opportunities, industry development and sustainable production management. They are responsible for leading and supporting strategies and activities that will result in the continued development of a viable and sustainable oilseeds.
Advertisement No. 41624 | Talent Acquisition | Human Resource Services | 600-259 Portage Avenue | Winnipeg, MB. R3B 2A9 | Phone: 204-945-7518 | Fax: 204-945-0601 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.