Western Grains Research Foundation, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Make a Difference in Western Canadian Agriculture
As one of a team of four Research Program Managers, you will be responsible for managing and administering the research funding activities of the Western Grains Research Foundation (WGRF). WGRF is a farmer funded and directed organization that is committed to increasing the profitability and sustainability of Western Canadian farmers through excellence in crop research.
- As a WGRF team member, work with staff, Board and Committee members to fund research for the benefit of farmers.
- Effectively represent WGRF at meetings/events and contribute to WGRF’s role as a leading funder of field crop research.
- Interact with researchers throughout the complete life cycle of research projects including the development and submission of proposals, and the subsequent project implementation,monitoring, and completion including reporting of research results.
- Collaborate with funding agencies and partners to identify research priorities, review proposals,and develop co-funding agreements.
- Support WGRF’s financial and program reporting requirements, contract obligations, and communication and evaluation needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably master’s) in agriculture or science with Professional Agrologist designation (or eligible).
- Applicants must be registered or need to become registered with the Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists as defined by The Agrologists Act.
- Significant knowledge of field crop-based agriculture in western Canada.
- Understanding of crop research funding programs, public agriculture research institutions and their scientists.
- At least five years experience in agriculture research and/or research program management.
- Commitment to a positive workplace culture that is tolerant, patient, and respectful of others.•Self-starter with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of legal contracts, budgets and financial statements.
WGRF offers a competitive salary and benefits program. If you would like to be part of a friendly, highly motivated team located at Innovation Place in Saskatoon please send us your résumé by:
4 pm Monday January 17, 2022
Attention: Candice Lajeunesse, Program Administrator at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted