Parkway Consumers Co-op is hiring a Sales Agronomist at our Parkway Co-op Agro location in Roblin, MB
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.parkwayco-op.crs
What you’ll do:
Reporting directly to the Agro Manager, the successful candidate will build relationships with new and existing customers while providing superior customer service. They will provide well-informed crop input recommendations to our customers in the areas of chemicals, fertilizer, and seed.
- Marketing and sales for seed, fertilizer, and crop input products to existing and prospective customers while achieving sales targets, margins, and inventory targets
- Providing agronomic information and advice on seed, pest identification, crop protection, and crop nutrient/fertilizer so local co-op customers can make informed decisions based on reported finding
- Working with growers on crop planning, trouble-shooting, fertility and crop protection recommendations
- Maintaining direct and regular contact with internal an external customer on supply, pricing trends, and promotions
- Handling general inquiries, issues and transactions
- Supporting and participating in field trials
- Providing field scouting for customers and providing information on crop growth, weeds, disease, insects, plant counts, root evaluations and maintaining detailed records.
- Coaching entry-level team members
- Participate in ongoing training and development
- Other duties as required
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Agriculture and:
- You have a post-secondary education in Agronomy
- You possess or are interested in working towards your CCA
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience
- This position requires P.Ag registration with the Agrologists Institute in Manitoba or working towards gaining this designation.
- You have intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Please note that safety-sensitive positions will require pre-employment alcohol and substance testing.
Apply online by September 30, 2020 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.