Fast Genetics is a leading North American based pig genetics company with global reach. We provide breeding stock and innovative genetic solutions to pork producers to assist them in providing healthier food and using fewer resources in an environmentally sustainable way.
Fast Genetics is currently seeking a highly motivated person to fill a full-time position as a Sales Manager. The successful candidate could be based in Manitoba or Ontario.
Responsibilities will include building and managing a sales team focused on driving innovation. The ideal candidate will possess an agriculture sales management and sales team leadership background. The successful candidate will need to be able to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. The person should be able to build and convey compelling value propositions and work broadly to build customer-centric approaches that drive high-value business outcomes for Fast Genetic customers. The person should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop, and consistently deliver on annual revenue targets. The successful candidate will also be responsible for key account management. As a people leader, the ability to coach, motivate and support individual team members while building sales will be key to your success
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions, but is not limited to:
- Lead and grow the sales team in building relationships with business clients and manage negotiations of sales contracts.
- Grow sales volume and keep current with changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establish and maintain a direct relationship with key accounts.
- Further develop boar stud and gilt multiplier relationships.
- Manage and maintain existing Fast Genetics sales accounts.
- Analyze sales data and develop budgets, targets, and sales goals.
- Manage, support, mentor, and coach the sales team.
- Keep a pulse on market conditions.
- Work to grow Fast Genetics’ market share.
The successful candidate would ideally possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Sales and/or account management experience in the agriculture industry with a proven track record of success.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in account management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science or Commerce related field is an asset.
- Knowledge of swine genetics and production.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to providing great customer service.
- Demonstrated business acumen, time management, and ability to prioritize.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Organized, motivated, and energetic.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a growing environment.
- Strong business, interpersonal and persuasive negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
- Shares in Fast Genetics core values.
What we offer
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals.
- A competitive salary that is based on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package and a registered pension plan, with a 4% employer match.
- Inclusive work environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to:
Attention: Human Resources – Subject Line: Sales Manager – Manitoba & Ontario
This position will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Fast Genetics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration.