Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers (MPSG) is a non-profit commodity organization representing more than 4000 farmers who grow soybeans, dry (edible) beans, field peas and faba beans. Research and extension are key areas of activity that have expanded significantly. MPSG is seeking an Agronomist – On-Farm Research Network who will be responsible for the design, execution and reporting of MPSG’s network of on-farm research trials.
- Develop and execute on-farm testing
- Oversee data analysis and manage program data
- Create and distribute reports to growers on the results of their on-farm tests
- Secure grower cooperators and provide training in on-farm test procedures
- Assist in securing funding for the program
- Participate with MPSG colleagues in extending research results to growers and agronomists
- Collaborate with other on-farm research organizations
- Manage and maintain equipment assigned to the program
- Develop and monitor work plans for the On-Farm Network Technician and summer students
- Promote the On-Farm Network
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in the on-farm research process while visiting a variety of farms across Manitoba. You will be part of a dynamic research and production team, gaining knowledge on soybean and pulse production, research and extension events.
- BSc/MSc in Agriculture majoring in a crops discipline
- Designation as a Professional Agrologist in Manitoba or ability to obtain at an early stage of employment
- Certified Crop Advisor designation or ability to obtain at an early stage of employment
- Strong understanding and familiarity with prairie crop production, agronomic practices, principles of agronomic research and experimental design
- Experience with agricultural equipment operation and maintenance
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis for field experiment applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and interest in working with farmers
- Ability to forge partnerships within the agriculture industry including grower organizations and members of the research and extension communities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to travel throughout Agro-Manitoba
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license
- Ability to work extended hours outdoors during the growing season
- Self starting but with the ability to work as part of a team
This is a full-time permanent position that will be based in Carman, Manitoba and will require extensive travel throughout the province.
This position offers a competitive salary and a vehicle will be provided for in-season travel to work sites.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: