Follow these steps if you wish to file a formal complaint:
Step 1: File Complaint
Submit details through the online form.
Step 2: Acknowledgment
Your complaint will be acknowledged.
Step 3: Decision
The Complaint Review Committee comprises at least four members, at least two are practicing members in good standing, and at least one who is an Appointed Councilor (representing the public). The Complaint Review Committee will review the information and decide what the next steps should be. Elected Councilors and members of the Judicial Committee are not eligible to serve as Committee members.
The Committee will decide to either:
A. Accept the complaint for further investigation (see Possible Actions below)
B. Dismiss the complaint (see Possible Actions below)
A. Accept the complaint for further investigation
- Obtain additional information
- Send a report to the Agrologists Manitoba Judiciary Committee
- Refer outside Agrologists Manitoba (another regulator or agency)
B. Dismiss the complaint
Notify complainant including reasons and right/steps to appeal
Step 4: Agrologists Manitoba Judiciary Committee
The Judiciary Committee consists of at least four members, at least two are practicing members in good standing, and at least one who is an Appointed Councilor (representing the public). The Judiciary Committee reviews the facts and decides whether to impose penalties, sanctions or disciplinary measures. Elected Councilors and members of the Complaint Review Committee are not eligible to serve as Committee members. The Committee will choose from several options, including:
- Conducting further investigation and collect evidence if necessary
- Conducting a hearing
- Deciding no action is needed (the member is considered to have acted appropriately)
- Giving an oral or written caution
- Ordering specific continuing education or remedial activities
- Ordering conditional registration
- Removal from the Register
- Other action consistent with the Act
Either party to a complaint has the right to appeal the decision of the Complaints Committee or Judiciary Committee to the Agrologists Manitoba Council before considering other measures, including an appeal to the courts. Details regarding appeals to Council may be obtained from the Agrologists Manitoba Registrar.
“Issues can often be resolved through direct communication and without the need for a formal complaint. If suitable, you may consider this option.”
For more questions, read FAQs.