2024 Annual Registration and Practice Permit Renewal
Agrologists practicing in Manitoba are required to annually renew registration and to have a valid practice permit. Registration and a valid practice permit are legal requirements to practice agrology in Manitoba.
If you continue to practice agrology and do not renew your registration on time you will be engaged in unauthorised practice which is in contravention of The Agrologists Act.
RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Renewal must occur within the renewal period to avoid penalties.
- Completion of the continuing competence declaration.
- Payment of applicable registration renewal fee.
RENEWAL PERIOD: DEC. 01, 2023 – JAN. 31, 2024
Agrologists Manitoba Bylaws require that fee renewal payments are received not later than January 31, 2024. Fees are $345.00 for Agrologists-in-Training and $400.00 for full status Professional Agrologists and Technical Agrologists.
CONTINUING COMPETENCE DECLARATION
Effort toward remaining competent is the backbone of your area of practice and something your customers and clients have a right to expect. Completion of the continuing competence declaration is the first step in the registration renewal process. You must complete the declaration (by clicking the declaration [box]) on your online account dashboard before you can proceed to the payment step.
HOW TO PAY THE REGISTRATION RENEWAL FEE
Accounting (firstname.lastname@example.org) will send a PDF invoice to the email address on your registration profile. If you do not receive an invoice, check your spam folder. Contact the office before January 31, 2024 to arrange your invoice and avoid a late fee.
- Interac E-TRANSFER. Use admin@agrologistsmanitoba as an Interac e-transfer recipient.
- CREDIT CARD (VISA OR MASTERCARD). Log-in to your online profile at www.agrologistsmanitoba.ca.
- CHEQUE. Payable to Manitoba Institute of Agrologists. If someone else is paying on your behalf, the cheque should include your name and registration number.
- Validated e-transfer and credit card payments: An official receipt will automatically be generated and sent to your email address.
- Accountant will email receipts in two-three-week time for payments made by cheque.
3RD PARTY PAYMENT
Third parties such as your employer can pay on your behalf by credit card or by cheque. Make sure your name and registration number are indicated in the payment for tracking purposes.
A $75 late fee will be added if your annual registration payment is not received by January 31, 2024. Time and money are committed to following up on renewals that are not paid on time and a late fee ensures other registrants do not disproportionally bear the cost of the added time and expense of following up on late payments. The late fee may be reconsidered if a circumstance exists that is beyond your control and made on time payment impossible.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PAYMENT
Whether your annual registration fee is paid directly by you or by the company or organization you work for is between you and the company. Every professional registrant has an obligation to ensure their annual permit fee is paid and received by Agrologists Manitoba before the deadline to avoid penalties.
PERSONAL INFORMATION CHANGES
You are responsible for keeping current information such as contact information on your profile. Please refer to the “updating your profile” section in the FAQ.