Kroeker Farms Limited
Kroeker Farms Limited is one of Canada’s leading conventional and organic table potato producers and suppliers grown on approximately 5000 acres. We take pride in our progressive approach to land stewardship, innovation, and quality. Our success is due to our passionate, driven employees who work for a common goal to produce the highest quality potatoes in North America. In addition to potatoes we grow organic onions, hemp, and edible beans. We also have an extensive green manure and compost program. We are a family/employee-owned business and invest in our people.
Healthy Food. Healthy World is our motto. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, deliver on their commitments, are collaborative team players, innovators with diverse views, and always in search of a better way.
Reporting to the Head Agronomist, the agronomist will focus primarily on potatoes and onions, but other crops will be involved. The Agronomist will also have general duties in other aspects of the farm and production cycle. Continuous learning is an important part of Kroeker Farms culture, and the Agronomist would be expected to participate in conferences, webinars, and information sessions during the winter months.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the overall planning and implementation of the farm plan
- Supervise the daily tasks of summer assistants
- Assist in managing variety and product trials
- Record keeping and data entry
- Crop scouting, tissue, and soil sampling
- Helping to coordinate soil testing and fertilizer applications
- Assist in the organic certification process
- Demonstrate a strong value for safety
- Comply with Kroeker Farms and industry regulatory and EH & S standards
What you will bring:
- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or related field
- 2+ years of applied agronomy and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess a valid class 5 drivers license
- Experience with crops, pesticides, and fertilizers in the current market
- Awareness of industry trends, technology and developments
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Manage a team of people to carry out all aspects of agronomy
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to think analytically
- Desire to learn new skills related and unrelated to agronomy
- Ability to work well with others in a positive manner
- Must enjoy working outdoors
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform functions of the job
- Exceptional organization, time management, and planning skills
*This position requires registration with the Agrologists Institute in Manitoba.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in a rewarding career with a progressive company, why not apply today! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This posting will be open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to the health & safety of our employees, and the public. We follow all provincial health guidelines in response to COVID-19.