Other Resources

Free Test for Immigrants and Other Resources

A free English language test is available for all immigrants through funding from the Government of Manitoba. The test is called the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT). It is provided by the Winnipeg English Language Assessment and Referral Centre (WELARC).

Notarized Translation

Agrologists Manitoba conducts the registration process in English only, so all required documents must be written in English or must be translated into English and notarized. This means that your required documents must be translated into English and then signed and stamped by a qualified person such as a notary public who verifies that the translation has been completed by a qualified individual.

The Immigrant Centre provides referrals to cost-effective translation services. The Immigrant Centre also provides free notary public services for permanent Manitoba residents.

Financial Assistance

Industry, Training and Employment Services

Industry, Training and Employment Services delivers a full range of employment and training services to residents of Manitoba. Internationally Educated Professionals in need of assistance to re-enter their professions may be eligible for financial supports to help pay for costs such as tuition, books and living expenses. To learn more about these supports and the eligibility requirements, please visit a Manitoba Jobs and Skills Development Centre in person. Go to www.gov.mb.ca to find the Centre nearest you.

Recognition Counts

Recognition Counts is a program that provides supports to skilled immigrants wishing to work in their fields of expertise in Manitoba. The program offers career and financial counselling, as well as the opportunity to apply for a loan of up to $10,000, to help with the costs associated with gaining employment in a profession or trade. To learn more visit www.recognitioncounts.ca.

Manitoba Student Aid

Manitoba Student Aid is a supplemental financial assistance program for Manitobans who do not have sufficient resources to pay for their post-secondary education on their own. They provide various types of funding on behalf of the Manitoba Student Aid Program and the Canada Student Loans and Grants Programs. This funding includes repayable government student loans and non-repayable grants and/or bursaries. All applications are assessed to determine eligibility and financial need. To learn more visit www.manitobastudentaid.ca.

Bursaries, Grants and Scholarships

Bursaries, Grants and Scholarships are financial awards. Unlike loans, they do not need to be repaid. To receive an award, applicants must typically meet a specific set of criteria established by the awarding body. Bursaries and scholarships are offered by a variety of organizations including government, industry, secondary and post-secondary institutions, regulatory bodies, professional associations, charitable organizations, etc. It is up to the individual to research the availability of bursaries and/or scholarships.

Financial Institutions

Financial Institutions (banks and credit unions) typically offer a variety of financial options such as loans and lines of credit for various purposes. Applicants should consult individual institutions to learn more about their financial services.

<<< Go back [Internationally Educated Agrologists]